ADVANCE for Medical Laboratory Professionals is the only newsmagazine in the field to link laboratory professionals in all the disciplines encompassing the industry through our coverage of professional organization events and other newsworthy updates affecting the field.
Published bi-weekly, ADVANCE carries regular columns that provide readers with the latest on compliance, marketing and professional issues, and the feature articles present timely information on everything from phlebotomy basics to molecular biology technology. The articles are written by experts in the field, including noted pathologists, laboratory directors, top researchers and educators.
Editorial Advisory Board
ADVANCE for Medical Laboratory Professionals Presents the People Who Help Us to be the 'Expert in the Field.'
Our Editorial Board is a group of experts with decades of experience in a variety of settings. An ad in ADVANCE brings you an audience of medical laboratory professionals who receive the latest news straight from the experts.
- Scott Aikey, MS, CLDir/CLS(NCA), Senior Systems Analyst, The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Mark S. Birenbaum, PhD, Administrator of the American Association of Bioanalysts (AAB), St. Louis, MO
- Christopher A. Damon, JD, Executive Director of American Medical Technologists (AMT), Park Ridge, IL
- Vinnie Della Speranza, MS, HTL(ASCP)HT, National Society for Histotechnology
- Virginia L. Faber, MLT(ASCP), MT(HEW), CPT(ASPT), Regional Director, American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians Inc., West Bloomfield, MI
- George A. Fritsma MS, MT(ASCP), Associate Professor, Clinical Laboratory Sciences, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Roberta M. Goodell, CT(ASCP), CFIAC, Assistant Editor of Acta Cytologica and Liaison from the American Society for Cytotechnology to the Health Professions Network, Searsmont, ME
- Kim Ledingham, MLT(ASCP), Medical Technologist, Shelby Baptist Medical Center, Alabaster, AL
- Jay Marchwinski, Administrative Director, Medical Laboratory Services, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA
- Glen McDaniel, MS, MBA, MT, CLS, CLDir
- Shirlyn B. McKenzie, PhD, CLS(NCA), American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science
- James Netterwald, PhD, MT(ASCP)
- Gilman Normand Tardif, MS, CHS(ABHI), American Board of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics
- Linda L. Pifer, PhD, SM(ACM), GS(ABB), Professor, Dept. of Clinical Laboratory Sciences, University of Tennessee Health Science Center at Memphis
- Mark D. Terry, Association of Genetic Technologists